Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

It appears that I need the kick in the pants of something like NaBloPoMo to post on a regular basis, so I have signed up for the Blog365 ultramarathon, which means that I'm supposed to post something on one of my blogs EVERY SINGLE DAY*

*except, if I'm away or if my computer is broken, I'm allowed to write something to post later, and since there are no prizes in Blog365, I can even backdate things that I have to post later to give the illusion of actually putting up new content every day.

I will try not to do that.

My computer is still broken and I still haven't figured out the best way to get it to the Apple Care place in Rosh HaAyan to see if they can fix it on site. I did finally figure out how to get to the Central Bus Terminal in Jerusalem and learn how to use the Israeli Egged buses over Christmas, so perhaps I will manage to get it to them by the time school starts again.

I went to Haifa for Christmas to hang out with a friend of mine, her boyfriend and his family, who stuffed me full of things like lamb and sweets. It was great to be with people on Christmas (even if they didn't speak English very well and my Arabic, well, it sucks!) and the hospitality was wonderful, but it's been hard (especially during the holidays) to be away from family and friends.

I don't think I'm an expat in the making, folks. I see a future for myself of being based in the US and traveling for short-term stints abroad. Maybe it would be easier if I was gallivanting around the world with a husband/boyfriend. Solo, it wears on you, my friends.

After I got back from Haifa I was nailed by a cold virus that I've never had before, and I am just now feeling back to normal. I've spent most of the past few days sleeping, drinking tea with lemon, and prepping myself for 2008. Which, I'm starting to think is going to rock.

More later.

Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi..

first of all, happy new year! and congrats on the blog365 challenge.. i was inspired!

i was googling and somehow ended up in your blog. i am a freelance journalist in jerusalem and am desperately looking for a private arabic teacher here. could you refer one to me? my email is clicktype@gmail.com

good luck with getting your computer fixed, i know how frustrating that can be!