Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Red, Red Wine




Alcohol is not a frequently imbibed substance in Palestine, but I decided over the weekend that it was necessary to buy a bottle of wine. It's not cheap to buy imported products here, so I decided to take a risk on a local wine, Cremisan Cellars 2002 Rosso Vecchio, a Carignan/Merlot blend. Cremisan has been open since 1885, and operates out of a monastary near Bethlehem.

Not too shabby! It's on the dry side, and reminds me a little bit of the Rosemount Estates Shiraz/Cabernet blend. Cheap, but drinkable. Gotta love the monks for keeping the wine flowing.

Between the wine and the beer, who says that Palestinians don't know how to have a good time?

I will have to give the edge to the brewmasters though. That Taybeh Golden is pretty decent stuff.

1 comment:

SUEB0B said...

I'm drinking that Rosemount Cab/Shiraz right now ($3.99 at Trader Joe's!). So, a toast to you.