Friday, January 11, 2008

Executive Decision

This is my blog, and I started it to be an online journal of my experiences and observations of my experience in Palestine. It is not a news blog or even a political blog, and I am not obligated to allow anyone to use it as a forum for their own point of view. I will acknowledge that, because it reflects my personal experiences and opinions, it only tells one version of the Israel-Palestine story through the eyes of a non-Palestinian, non-Jewish American teacher living in Ramallah in 2007-2008.

I didn't start it as a means to have an online debate; frankly, my work here takes up too much of my time to adequately address those who have an opposing point of view. There are many, many other venues, both online and off, where people can become more acquainted with Israeli narratives and justifications for the occupation.

I am going to leave the old comments visible, but from this point on, I will be making comments closed to non-members of this blog. From time to time, should the topic of my current piece demand feedback from readers, I will re-open comments.

1 comment:

ahmad dahud said...

Thank you for this! We hope it will be for the good of all!

We have also launched a new, easy to use, free listings site for Palestine which we would appreciate if you can help us promote! The site is http://www.alqudslist.com

It will be a useful resource for Palestinians and Internationals in Ramallah, Bethlehem, and the rest of Palestine! And Thank you!